Wednesday, April 18, 2012

raw mint slice - protein packed and sugar free

Following a recipe is not really my strong suit.

I like to mix things up - bit of this, bit of that. By the end of the meal I can barely remember what I have put into it!

For the sake of this blog, I'm getting better on taking note of what I'm adding.

This recipe is a perfect example of this.

 I decided to adapt a recipe I saw ages ago into a healthy option.

Substituting, tasting, adding, minusing - I had to sit down straight after I'd finished and take specific note on what went into these mint slices, because they are healthily tasty!

These bad boys contain approx 17 g of protein with only 70 calories. 

Perfect raw food 'sweet' snack.



I'm not really a sweet tooth, but I do enjoy a cup of tea after dinner - mostly accompanied with fruit or some raw vegan chocolate.

These mint slices went so perfectly with a cup of liquorice tea - I had to stop myself going back for 3rds!


Ingredients

(makes approx 20)

1 c triticle flakes (alt. rolled oats), soaked for 4-8 hours, drained 
1/3 c raw protein powder
1/4 c carob powder
1/4 c raw cacao powder
40 ml coconut oil
1 tblsp black chia seeds
1 tblsp hemp seeds
1 tsp natural stevia
1 tsp mint essence
extra water

Combine all ingredients (minus the water) in a food processor.
Process and slowly add water until you have a non-sticky, dough-like consistency.
Divide into tablespoon proportions, roll into balls and then flatten into desired shape.
Place on a baking paper covered plate and refrigerate for 1 hour.
Done.
Store in refrigerator or freezer. 


Love x

2 comments:

  1. love it and love the teacup and saucer too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was lucky to try some of these delicious treats and they didnt last long at all :). Absolutley perfect for those who love (health concious) sweet treats. Grace xx

    ReplyDelete